National Grid is offering funding for residential customers who require a gas inspection and repair of gas equipment which is necessary to restore gas service lost during Hurricane Sandy. This fund is being administered by HeartShare Human Services of NY. Work will be performed by licensed plumbers.
How to obtain funding
Licensed plumbers in the NYC/Long Island area have been informed that National Grid’s Hurricane Sandy Relief Program will reimburse the licensed plumber for each gas/gas equipment inspection, repair or replacement they complete related to Hurricane Sandy.
The following conditions need to be met in order to be eligible for the program:
1. The customer must have been previously approved for the 2011 and 2012 Home Energy Assistance (HEAP) program.
2. The customer must have been visited by a National Grid service representative who tagged their gas equipment with a Warning Tag indicating repair or replacement of the equipment was necessary. If these conditions are met:
- The customer should call National Grid at:1-877-MY-NGRID (1-877-696-4743).
- National Grid will issue the customer an eligibility number.
- The customer will then need to contact a licensed plumber to initiate work and supply the eligibility number to the plumber.
- National Grid will give a list of licensed plumbers to the customer upon request.
- The form below must be filled out completely and accurately in order to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Any false statements or attempts to deceive National Grid may be subject to legal inquiry and prosecution.
1. Plumber must submit a written estimate of work with this completed form to HeartShare Sandy.Relief@heartshare.org or fax to 718-422-5969, 718-522-4506 or 718-422-5961.
2. Once received, HeartShare will review the estimate of repair and supporting documentation for approval.
3. Upon approval, HeartShare will authorize the plumber to proceed with repair and restoration.
4. When the job is successfully completed and the customer service is restored, HeartShare will pay the plumber upon receipt of the invoice and a detailed breakout of labor and equipment costs, not to exceed specified caps as outlined in NGRID Recovery Assistance Form (see below).
5. National Grid reserves the right to inspect all work performed prior to payment.
NOTE: additional funding may be available for installing energy efficient equipment. Visit nationalgrid.com for more information.
Download Form: NGRID_Recovery_ Assistance_ Form.pdf
Download Q&A Details: Restoring Your Natl Gas Svc.pdf
Download List: Licensed_Plumbers_in _NYC_and_LI (PDF)